As I launch myself head on into 2016, another New Year, with
new/rehashed resolutions, that I promise I’m going to stick to this year (cross my heart and all that), yet undoubtedly will have dropped into the abyss of forgotten resolutions before we reach the end of January.
This year I am going to:
- Go to bed earlier (highly unlikely, as this is my favourite time to write, as I can generally do so without interruption)
- Make better food choices (work on my meal planning organisation) and encourage the children to expand their palette.
- Exercise more, be it walking with the dog (who never turns down the opportunity for a leg stretch), swimming, or the like.
- Be more proactive and productive with my writing, by writing a plan of attack for the year.
- Read more. This is my biggest challenge, I love to read, but there always seems to be something else to do, or someone else vying for my attention. I have made a pact with myself that this year I will read for at least one hour a day………… hence this blog
Thebigblogofbooks is a place for me to record my thoughts and views on the books I have read, meaning I will be encouraged to read more, expanding my reading spectrum, and in turn motivating me to write as I capture my interpretation of the book in question.
Feel free to join me on my journey, I hope you enjoy it, get some ideas for your own next ‘book of choice’. Reading is such a beautifully indulgent hobby that allows you to escape to another world/realm/lifestyle.
I’m off to bed now with my current book of choice “Sleep Tight” by Rachel Abbott.